Monday, December 21, 2009

Tis the Season

I have decided to start writing on a weekly basis about the things that I am grateful for. David Steindl Rast said, "Gratefulness is the key to a happy life that we hold in our hands, because if we are not grateful, then no matter how much we have we will not be happy -- because we will always want to have something else or something more." It is because of this I have decided to open up my eyes and try and notice the things I am greatful for each day.

During this season it is easy to get caught up in the busy holiday mess and ignore many of those who are dear to us. I feel that I often do this not just during the holiday season, but in my every day life. This is definately something I need to work on.

I have taken advantage of the fact that I grew up in a loving home. As a family we weren't the kissy huggy type but, we always knew that we were loved by parents who were willing to do anything for the happiness for their children. I can't begin to think of all the sacrifices they made to make our lives more comfortable. They were always there to help us in times of need and be a stronghold when issues arose. Their examples to me have been a strength in my life and I am truly grateful for that.

I have a great family with siblings who are so caring. The constant reminders of love and support have helped me throughout my life. I remember as kids the constant notes that were left on pillows and the chances to play with older siblings and their friends. I appreciate all that they do for me and for their help throughout my life.

I am greatful for this season because it allows a chance to be with them.

1 comment:

Chris and Amy Darton said...

Wow! Im so glad you are updating! Yay


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Me and the "G's"

Me and the "G's"
playing their favorite game Rob the 711

peek-a-boo

peek-a-boo

Our Trip to Cedar City

Well it all started with us squeezing into the rent-a-clown car which happened to be a PT cruizer, man did we look sexy! 5 hours of a luxurious ride later we arrived in Cedar where Eileen, Beevie and I went to the Shakespeare festival and shopped a bit. One of the more luxurious hotels we have stayed in, this time no leaking sinks, flooding toliets or burnt hotel rooms. It ended up being great fun and just the form of relaxation we were looking for.

we think we're cool

in the clown car we rented

Mom in the Hotelizal

Mom in the Hotelizal

Say cheese

just chilling

just chilling